Friday, February 11, 2011

What's more magical than love?

Hey kids! Sorry it’s been a long time since I updated. A lot things have gone on in my life(dude that’s your excuse for everything) but with Valentine’s day I couldn’t resist doing a special blog. I, like many magic players are not currently seeing anyone in particular. Usually that means we bring out more hate than dredge game two, but eh I figured I would have a more fun blog this time around. Still love and nerdiness can exist together as one. I could write about Valakut and strategy surrounding that deck(ok you have two green sources and 4 mountains, play prime titan and then swing next turn). But that wouldn’t be too exciting. I could also write about besieged in limited, my advice is that you always pick Mortapod, except if Butterfree (http://sales.starcitygames.com/carddisplay.php?product=232124) is in your pack.

Anyway I wrote terrible love songs and poetry, and as this is the holiday of love, I feel even less lame doing this. In this first song I wrote, this about a meeting between two enemies, who despite their loyalties to their faction, they can’t quite resist the urge to fall in love. If anyone wants me to sing the tune, well come find me, but try and imagine the tune. Trust me it’s as a poppy as a gnome in Greece.























Faction infatuation
By Leonin Skyhunter.

Defending the plane as one of the strongest cats,
Then I saw her, she came straight from the vat.
I knew at that moment that things wouldn’t be the same,
How could I love someone who is destroying my plane?
She’s a messed up elf,
With no idea of self,
But still I love above her everyone elseeee……

Cause…
I’ve got Faction Infatuation,
In the heart of Mirrodin’s Devastation.
I may be a Mirran, but faction loyalty ain’t interfering,
I am in love, despite my plane disappearing,
I’ve got Faction Infatuation,
In the heart of Mirrodin’s Devastation.
I may be double white,
But that don’t mean, I have to fight,
Just love call it love at first siiiight.

While I bring metal craft,
She’ll infect me with a laugh,
This is all so great
Even with all of the proliferate.
She’s the girl I’ll date,
Even though I think and sigh,
Never gonna activate battle cry.
Why I do this we can never know why.

But I have….
Faction Infatuation,
In the heart of Mirrodin’s Devastation,
I brought my equip,
To show this love is legit.
I’ve got Faction Infatuation,
In the heart of Mirrodin’s Devastation,
I have a minus one,
And this feeling’s just begun,
Don’t know why but this love is as clear as five suns....


I think about her every now and again,
I go to hug her, realize my counter nearly at ten.
How could I be such fool?
Right in the middle of this duel,
Don’t why but I should have just fought,
Love was all that sought……

Still…..
I’ve got Faction Infatuation,
In the heart of Mirrodin’s Devastation,
This plane may be besieged,
But I have been deceived.
I have a conscious that’s corrupted,
Man that card is busted.
Still with all this information,
I can’t get rid of my Faction Infatuation
























Amount of people reading this blog before that song…10, amount afterwards….0. My parents must be so proud.
Well that was fun, either way speaking of gnomes in Greece. I know this is a magic blog, but heck D&D has love that goes with it too.

My Eldari.


By Eldrige 'Poppycock' Farragi

When first met the others took is as something small,

But at the end of the day our hearts grew bigger than them all.

For you write songs and I shoot spells,

How much our love will grow, only time will tell.

For the road ahead may be dark and steep,

Don’t worry we will get Gwain, that filthy creep.

I write this not because I am a silly gnome,

For with you Eldari, I could never feel alone.

I may change shirts, I may change shoes,

But trust me my heart will never change from you.

Kalareth may laugh, and Rothar may sneer,

That won’t matter to much to me my dear.

For they may heal and protect me so that I may live,
With you however, there is just so much you can give.

From the burrows from with I crept,

After I saw you, I was glad that I left,

Even after all of the fighting and all of the death

You’re the only one can take my breath




















Why am I writing this blog? Well the truth is it has to with the “a lot going on in my life.” Last two month’s I had two people I know pass away from heart related conditions. And well ultimately, I felt I needed a pick me up from a lot time feeling down. Either way, Valentine’s Day is a celebration of the heart. Hearts mistakenly are given the role of making us love; truth is they are around to have people to love. I hope these words aren’t taken me making light of any death, just really trying to show human spirit even with everything, and just remind people out there that, whether you with someone or not, if your reading this far through the blog you probably mean something to somebody.


Props:


Prime Titan





















Craigslist(for exposing the truth lol)



Readers of this blog




Slops:




People who make bad calls



People with 30 card sideboards



Carnifax Demon(we used to be boys)





No comments:

Post a Comment